Saturday, March 2, 2013

Fun with gelcoat

I am making progress on the gelcoat repairs. I have most of them done now. I need to touch up a couple of small spots. I've never worked with gelcoat before, and it's taken a little bit of learning to figure it out, but I think I've gotten it. I finished up the refinishing of the wood work for this year and there are a couple of spots I might strip down next winter. The only stuff left that I can finish before the boat goes back on the trailer is bottom paint and some of the lettering and decals. One of the things that is an open question is the motor. I don't have enough room in the garage right now to see if it runs or see if it needs work. Hopefully that will be soon.

When the boat is back outside and on the trailer I will have a about a day of work to be ready for the sailing season, or I hope that it will be ready anyway.  I have classes most Tuesdays and many Saturdays over the next couple of months. I am looking to do some racing this year also. 

Before and after sanding but no finish yet

old depth gauge

new Garmin 431s

repaired gelcoat splits

 more repairs

No comments:

Post a Comment